I love cooking some cozy and delicious recipes. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s cozy yet healthy!
This recipe typically makes 5-6ish large servings.
*I use Whole 30 compliant ingredients for this recipe.
– 3 lb Ground Turkey
– Kitchen Basics Chicken Bone Broth (Original)
– About 2 cups of Celery, Onion, Carrot Mirepoix ( I typically buy the premade ones at the store in the produce section – just check to make sure they don’t have any added ingredients)
– 5 lb bag of yellow potatoes
– salt and pepper to taste
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. cut potatoes and boil them until they are super tender
3. while the potatoes are boiling, begin to brown the ground turkey
4. once the ground turkey starts turning brown, add the Mirepoix and the bone broth. Let the ground turkey finish browning and absorb the bone broth
5. once the potatoes are super tender, strain and mash (do not add anything to the potatoes)
6. once the ground turkey is brown, Mirepoix tender, and bone broth mostly absorbed, add to a deep baking dish.
7. cover the ground turkey evenly with the mashed potatoes
8. let cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes at least
9. you will know it’s ready once the mashed potatoes start to turn slightly brown in some places.
10. take out of the oven and enjoy!
Pro Tip: we love to leave a little of the mashed potatoes out and add a bit extra mashed potato to our bowls!
👩🏻💼Higher Education Professional
☕️ Coffee Connoisseur